The Sikorsky S-55 dates from late 1949. In June of 1952 the Royal Canadian Navy took delivery of three Sikorsky S-55s. The RCN designated this type as HO4S-2. These helicopters were used primarily as a plane guards during flight operations from the aircraft carriers They were responsible for saving the lives of many aircrew who crashed at sea during carrier operations. The restoration is almost complete, with a few parts still missing. It is painted in Royal Canadian Navy Colours, and is now serving as our gate guard.
Helicopters - Parked