The now western wing of St. Clemens church on the island Rømø in Denmark was built around 1250. In the middle ages the tower with the bells was added and also the southwestern part of the church. Around 1750 the southern and nothwestern aisle were built. At this time the it also became common practice to place small models of the actual ships (so-called votive ships) in the church.
Religious - Christianity
The church is open daily for visits from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.