The Eastgate entrance to the town of Warwick probably dates from the 14th century. The gate was rebuilt, with St Peter's Chapel above it, in 1426 and in 1576, when the chapel was in a poor state, it was repaired and became the King's Grammar School. In 1788 the chapel was rebuilt and is what is seen today.
Buildings - Religious
Links: historicengland.org.uk, www.british-history.ac.uk, www.eastgatewarwick.co.uk