The Star Boating Club was formed in 1866. It was the first rowing club established in Wellington and is one of the oldest sporting clubs in New Zealand. Initially, the club was housed in a shed erected near the site of the Cenotaph, but harbor reclamation and the resulting loss of their waterfront position resulted in the club relocating to another shed in 1874. Further reclamations during 1883 meant that the club needed to move again. This led to the construction of the Star Boating Club Building.
Buildings - Misc