The monastic ruins of the former Augustinian Cloisters, located in one of Lippstadt's small and secluded town parks, is one of the most beautiful ecclesiastical ruins to be found throughout Germany. The church was founded by Count Bernhard II and was first mentioned in 1207. It is particularly worthwhile looking at the very Gothic carved work of the windows and at the refectory and the few remaining traces of the floor of the arcades making up the cloistered courtyard. The founding members of the Lippe nobility are buried in the monastery or nearby in its grounds.
Religious - Christianity