The Supreme Court of Burma is the highest court in Burma (officially Myanmar). The former building, located between Maha Bandula Garden Street and Pansodan Street in Kyauktada Township, downtown Yangon, used to house the highest appeals court in Myanmar. (The new high court has been moved to Naypyidaw, the country's new capital since 2006.)
Government - National - Foreign
Designed by architect James Ransome, construction of the High Court began in 1905 and was completed in 1911, and is noted for its British Queen Anne Style architecture, including its clock tower and its red-bricked exterior. The building is listed on the Yangon City Heritage List. Located near Yangon City Hall, the building faces the Independence Monument and the Maha Bandula Park.