Washington Firehouse No. 5 is a historic fire station in Mobile, Alabama, United States. The two-story brick Greek Revival building was built in 1851 at a cost of $5,500. It was constructed to house the privately run Washington Fire Company. The building features a Doric distyle-in-antis arrangement at the street level supporting an upper story with jib windows opening onto a cantilevered iron balcony. The building was documented by the Historic American Buildings Survey in 1936 and was added to the National Register of Historic Places on December 22, 1983.
Government - Local