Whitehall was constructed ca. 1928 for Colonel Robert McCormick, one of the owners of the Chicago Tribune. The house was designed by Willis Irvin of Augusta, who won a Gold Medal for Domestic Work at the 1929 Southern Architectural Exhibition with its design. It is believed that some of the ornate interior woodwork came form the home of John C. Calhoun’s daughter. Whitehall gets its name form the old Whitehall estate on the ruins of which this house was constructed.
Homes - Historic