1857. Reactivated, inactive1952-1988; now privately maintained; focal plane 65 ft (20 m); continuous white light. 68 ft (21 m) octagonal red brick tower. Lantern painted white. The original 4th order Fresnel lens is on display at the Port Aransas Civic Center. The lighthouse is a sibling of the Sabine Pass (Louisiana) Light, but without the buttresses added to that lighthouse. The 1-story frame keeper's quarters (1919) is occupied by resident keepers. The light station was restored and is maintained by the current owner, Charles Butt, owner of the HEB grocery chain. The keepers light the lens each night. Located adjacent to the Lydia Ann Channel on the north side of Aransas Pass in San Patricio County. Accessible only by boat. Site and tower closed.