On June 30, 1985, the Basketball Hall of Fame opened in this building. It was the second location that housed the Hall of Fame. In 2002, it moved to a new building just to the south of here.
The original Hall of Fame was established in 1959 and was located at the nearby Springfield College.
Today, the heavily remodeled building is home to a fitness center and restaurant.