The historical memories about Porciano goes back to the 11th century, the castle is named on a year's 1017 document as residence of the Count Guido di Teudegrimo, founder of the branch of the counts Guidi from Porciano, so we can consider it as one of the first settlements of the powerful Casentinese family. More than two centuries after, in the year 1288, was the famous Count Tegrimo that, here retired after the Campaldino battle, attacked and stole the unlucky wayfarers and merchants that passed in the proximity's of the castle. Of his 'noble art' exists testimony in a 1291 sentence against the Count: he have to pay 10.000 gold florins to the Podesta (medieval term for chief magistrate or governor) of Florence to have stolen at a merchant of Ancona. The successor of Tegrimo was the Count Guido Alberto of Porciano, also condemned by the Florentine Republic to have plotted in a conspiracy to upset the same one. In March 20th 1349 the castle passed under the dominion of Florence, having the last Count of Porciano, Ludovico, suit the monk's abit abandoning all his terrestrial richness.