The oldest parts of the Croy castle were probably build in the 15th century. There is not much know about the history of the castle. Jacob van Croy (Cathedral-lord of Koln and Luik) was in 1477 owner of the land, but a house is not mentioned. The last inhabitant was Freule (Lady) Constance van der Brugghen. Her uncle bought Croy in 1772, In 1773 he died and left the castle to his half brother Johan Karel Gideon.