Former Maud Junction Railway Station

Former Maud Junction Railway Station


Mintlaw, United Kingdom (GB)
Maud Junction was a railway station in Scotland. The station was part of the now closed junction north of Aberdeen that split the railway into two sections serving the coastal towns of Peterhead and Fraserburgh, both of which stations are also closed. The station was opened 18th July 1861, closed for passengers in 1965 and closed for freight in 1979.

What's left today:
The whole station survives. The island platform and station building have been renovated and converted into the Maud Railway Museum. The remains of the turntable and cattle loading platforms are also still visible.
Maud Junction was a railway station in Scotland. The station was part of the now closed junction north of Aberdeen that split the railway into two sections serving the coastal towns of Peterhead and Fraserburgh, both of which stations are also closed. The station was opened 18th July 1861, closed for passengers in 1965 and closed for freight in 1979.

What's left today:
The whole station survives. The island platform and station building have been renovated and converted into the Maud Railway Museum. The remains of the turntable and cattle loading platforms are also still visible.
View in Google Earth Land - Rail
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: Drudii

Advertisement

Around the World Mailing List

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement