Greyfriars Kirk, is a parish church of the Church of Scotland in central Edinburgh, Scotland. Its name reflects a pre-Reformation association with the Franciscan order, the Grey Friars.
Religious - Christianity
It is one of the oldest surviving buildings built outside the Old Town of Edinburgh, having been begun in 1602 and completed c.1620. It sits to the south of the Grassmarket, adjacent to the rear of George Heriot's School, itself founded in 1628.