This church was built in response to the adjacent protestant church.
Immediately after the protestants began their collection for the Memorial Church, a Catholic Church Building Association was founded in 1887. As the church building association could acquire a site only at the former city boundary, the Catholics tried to get a construction site nearby. The original building site was opposite the present church but later exchanged. A large part of the area was made available by the the monastery of St. Magdalene.
By hhgygy @ 2011-11-22 05:58:22