Kainouria Porta

Kainouria Porta (Google Maps)
No Thumbnail
No Thumbnail
Google Maps Google Maps Bing Maps Bing Maps Yahoo Maps Yahoo Maps
View in Google Earth
By DonMartini @ 2006-05-08 16:05:30
Because it was the last of the gates to be built, the locals called it the New Gate and the Venetians called it the Gate of Jesus. There is a plaque in the middle with the date of construction (1587) and the governor's name, Zuanne Mocenigo. This gate provided access to the provinces of Pediada, Viannos, and Monofatsi.
Views by date
Rate as 1Rate as 2Rate as 3Rate as 4Rate as 5Rate as 6Rate as 7Rate as 8Rate as 9Rate as 10Unrated



Please log in if you don't want to post anonymously (anonymous users cannot post links)

Please enable images and enter code to post
Nearby maps
Kazantzakis Tomb
Cathedral of Saint Minas
Eleftherias National Stadium
Koule Fortress
F/B Kriti II - ANEK Lines
M/F Festos Palace - Minoan Lines
Theodore Vardinoyannis Stadium
Street market
Pankritio Stadium
Olympics air defense site under construction
Iraklion Airport
Similar maps
Tsar Bomba, Biggest Nuke Ever!
Former Nazi German Concentration Camp of Auschwitz-Birkenau
Osama Bin Laden Compound as seen on BBC
USS Arizona (BB-39) Memorial
Fink II (Recently rediscovered U-boat pens)
Hitler's last bunker
RAF Dunsfold (Top Gear test track)
Wewelsburg Castle
Guard Post (OP) Ouellette
Alamo, The
Omaha Beach
Camp Greaves