Rocca Pia

Rocca Pia
Rocca Pia
No Thumbnail
Google Maps Google Maps Bing Maps Bing Maps Yahoo Maps Yahoo Maps
View in Google Earth
By DonMartini @ 2006-06-09 03:15:53
Pius II built the Rocca Pia as a fortress-residence in the middle of the 15th century; there Paul III gave his oral approval of the Society of Jesus in 1539. Ignatius had sent to Cardinal Gaspare Contarini the first version of the Formula of the Institute, known as the "Five Chapters," along with the censor's opinion rendered by Father Tomas Badia, the Dominican "Theologian of the Papal Household" (Magister Sacri Palatii), who declared that the way of life of the Society was "holy and devout."
Views by date
406
views
Rate as 1Rate as 2Rate as 3Rate as 4Rate as 5Rate as 6Rate as 7Rate as 8Rate as 9Rate as 10Unrated

Categories

Comments

Policies

Please log in if you don't want to post anonymously (anonymous users cannot post links)

Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Nearby maps
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Similar maps
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Share: