The vessel has been designed and constructed to a very high standard and has a high specification pipelay capability.
• Two stern mounted contra rotating azimuth thrusters combined with two bow tunnel thrusters and a retractable bow azimuth thruster provide excellent manoeuvring capabilities.
• A Class 2 (DYNPOS AUTR) Kongsberg Simrad SDP 22 DP System with DGPS, HiPAP and fanbeam reference systems provides a high degree of position keeping accuracy which is essential for pipelay operations.
• An 60 tonne SWL knuckle boom crane provides high capacity offshore construction capabilities. Man riding operations up to 2.5 tonnes can be performed.
• One 2500 tonne main deck mounted storage and deployment reel is fitted as standard. An optional 250 tonne piggy back reel can be fitted as required. The permanently installed lay ramp system can deploy a range of flexible products. The main reel can stow products from 6 to 16 inches in diameter. One 250 tonne and one 50 tonne abandonment and recovery winches are also provided.
• Accommodation for 72 persons consisting of single and double berth cabins. A range of office suites and conference facilities are available for project purposes.
• A dedicated and spacious operations and survey centre is integrated with the bridge offering an excellent control station for all offshore operations.
• An excellent communications system including Inmarsat B and KU Band systems. The KU Band system can be converted to C Band as operational requirements demand.
• An offshore helideck rated for Super Puma operations.