The Embassy Theater

The Embassy Theater


Fort Wayne, Indiana (IN), US
The Emboyd Theater, opened on May 14, 1928 as the largest of Fort Wayne's movie palaces, with a seating capacity of 2,970, and in 1952 was renamed the Embassy Theater. Like many single screen movie houses in the 1970's, it could no longer compete with television and closed. In 1972, the Embassy Theater Foundation purchased the theater to save it from demolition. The theater was eventually renovated for stage shows in the early 1990’s and returned to its original shine. It reopened in 1996 as a performing arts center and venue for Broadway shows.
The Emboyd Theater, opened on May 14, 1928 as the largest of Fort Wayne's movie palaces, with a seating capacity of 2,970, and in 1952 was renamed the Embassy Theater. Like many single screen movie houses in the 1970's, it could no longer compete with television and closed. In 1972, the Embassy Theater Foundation purchased the theater to save it from demolition. The theater was eventually renovated for stage shows in the early 1990’s and returned to its original shine. It reopened in 1996 as a performing arts center and venue for Broadway shows.
View in Google Earth Theatres - Movie, Theatres - Stage
Links: fwembassytheatre.org, en.wikipedia.org
By: jbottero

Advertisement

Around the World Mailing List

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement