This sign pole and empty sign frame is all that remains of the Waukegan Speedway. This 1/4 mile oval track opened in 1949 and closed in 1979. The property has been vacant since the speedway was bulldozed.
The original dirt racing surface was paved after the 1968 season. It reverted back to a dirt track in 1978.
By milwhcky @ 2014-05-05 18:27:43