The Bush-Holley House is a National Historic Landmark in the Cos Cob section of Greenwich, Connecticut. It was constructed circa 1730 and in the late nineteenth century was a boarding house and the center of the Cos Cob Art Colony, Connecticut’s first art colony. From 1890 to 1920, the house was a gathering place for artists, writers and editors, and scores of art students came to study with leading American Impressionists John Henry Twachtman, J. Alden Weir, Theodore Robinson, and Childe Hassam.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.
It was further declared a National Historic Landmark in 1991.
It is currently operated by the Historical Society of the Town of Greenwich.
By Fab @ 2013-09-14 03:48:40