Central States Airplane Company was established in 1927 to build Don A. Luscombe's Monocoupe. In January 1928, the company became the Mono Aircraft Division of Velie Motor Corporation. Following Willard Velie's death in March 1929, the Velie interests were sold to Allied Aviation Industries, a holding company. By May, these interests were divided into two separate companies: the Lambert Aircraft Engine Corporation and the Mono Aircraft Company of Moline, IL. Both companies passed into receivership in 1931, reemerging in 1932 as the Lambert Engine and Machine Company and the Monocoupe Corporation In July 1934 the two companies joined under the newly formed Lambert Aircraft Corporation with Monocoupe continuing to operate under its own name. In 1940 the company was dissolved and its assets passed to the Monocoupe Aeroplane and Engine Corporation (transferring operations to Orlando, FL).
By kjfitz @ 2012-09-20 18:20:43