The pilgrimage Church of the Visitation of the Virgin Mary is a monumental Baroque structure built over the years 1669-1679 according to a design by Giovanni Pietro Tencalla. The church has an impressive two tower facade decorated with statues in niches. The interior of the church is designed as a single nave space with chapels along the sides. The central part is vaulted with a massive dome. Over the years 1714–1721 a second phase of construction followed according to a design by Domenico Martinelli. A side wing, cloister and Chapel of the Virgin Mary were added to the church building. 14 statues, the 12 apostles and two saints, St. Sebastian and St. Roch are situated on the parapets of both side wings.