J. B. Speed School of Engineering
By neotrix @ 2010-11-09 10:01:56
Speed Scientific School was founded in 1924 as part of the University of Louisville in the U.S. state of Kentucky with money from the James Breckenridge Speed Foundation which was created by his children William S. Speed and Olive Speed Sackett to honor J. B. Speed.
In 2004, the J.B. Speed Scientific School officially changed its name to the J.B. Speed School of Engineering. The term 'Scientific' was originally used to indicate that the school focused on math and science rather than trades, but was deemed to be an anachronism, hence the name change.