St. Philomena Catholic Church and Rectory

St. Philomena Catholic Church and Rectory (StreetView)
No Thumbnail
No Thumbnail
StreetView StreetView Bing Maps Bing Maps Yahoo Maps Yahoo Maps
View in Google Earth
By kkeps @ 2008-10-18 13:33:17
In April of 1842, the first mission was held at Brule Labadie, (currently Labadieville) by Father Charles Menard, who kept a journal written in French, of his missionary journeys down Bayou Lafourche from Labadieville to the Gulf of Mexico. Father Menard became known as "The Apostle of Bayou Lafourche". Father Menard began to solicit pledges to build a chapel in Labadie in 1847. Work on the chapel began on September 18, 1847. The chapel, blessed on March 28, 1848, was then served three times a month... first Thursday, first and third Sunday of the month. By 1853 a parish rectory had been completed. The present church building dates from 1888. The side transcepts of the church were added in 1908 by Father A. F. Ravoire
Views by date
Rate as 1Rate as 2Rate as 3Rate as 4Rate as 5Rate as 6Rate as 7Rate as 8Rate as 9Rate as 10Unrated



Please log in if you don't want to post anonymously (anonymous users cannot post links)

Please enable images and enter code to post
Nearby maps
Sara Rollins' farmhouse from "Looper"
Fake diner used in "Looper"
Madewood Plantation House
Mug of Rootbeer on the roof
Assumption Parish Courthouse and Jail
Christ Episcopal Church and Cemetery
Child Decapitated-Murder
Frost House
St. Joseph Co-Cathedral
Breaux House
St.James Strategic Petroleum Reserve Terminal
Similar maps
St. Pauls Church Undergoing Restoration
Burgos Cathedral
Salamanca's Cathedrals
Romantic site on the sea
Cristo del Otero
Cathedral of San Antolín
Abandoned Abbey
Duomo e Torre della Ghiraldina
Cattedrale di Cerignola
Duomo di Pisa
Città del Vaticano - Vatican City
Branch Davidian - Mt. Carmel - Feb 28, 1993