The Soviet Union built a scientific station by the name of Oazis (Оазис) in the center of the area at 66°16′29″S 100°44′49″E / 66.27472°S 100.74694°E / -66.27472; 100.74694, starting October 15, 1956, with two buildings for eight people. The station was handed over to Poland on January 23, 1959, and was renamed A. B. Dobrowolski Station (named after Antoni Dobrowolski). It continued to be occupied for a few weeks only thereafter. On February 22, 1979 (with preparations starting February 18) the station was reactivated for a short time, but an overwintering attempt failed, and the occupants had to be evacuated to Mirny Station (350 km/220 mi to the west) on March 17.
The concrete pillar erected by the First Polish Antarctic Expedition at Dobrowolski Station in January 1959 for gravity measurements, and the magnetic observatory at the station with plaque in memory of the opening of Oazis Station in 1956, are recognized as Antarctic Historic Sites. 
The Soviet Union became interested in the Bunger Hills again in the late 1980s, and built a new station - Oazis-2 - a few hundred metres to the west of Dobrowolski. The station was used for summer visits up to the mid-1990s.
By javelinpr @ 2010-11-30 21:11:46
Scavenger Hunt: Old School All Google Maps All The Time: Scientific - Antarctic Research Station (NOTE 1)