"Smithfield Friends Meeting House, Parsonage & Cemetery, built in 1881 is located in Woonsocket, Rhode Island and is home to one of the oldest Quaker communities in the area. Rhode Island provided a home to many Quaker refugees in the 17th century and in the early 18th century a group of "Friends" started this congregation. Their original Meeting House, built in 1719, was connected to a chain of Quaker Meeting Houses that were built along Great Road. It was destroyed by fire in 1881 and replaced by the current structure."
By kkeps @ 2008-11-16 14:21:31