St Mary the Great or Great St Mary's or GSM, as it is known locally, occupies a site between the Market Place to the east and Senate House to the west. A church has stood on this site for over 800 years with the first church being built here c 1205. The current building was constructed between 1478 and 1519, the tower being completed in 1606, and is the largest church in Cambridge.
Religious - Christianity
Entry to the church is free but there is a charge to climb the tower that has 123 steps but offers great views over the city.
Links: en.wikipedia.org, www.greatstmarys.org, historicengland.org.uk, www.britainexpress.com, www.visitcambridge.org