The old church was first documented in a Papal Bull of 1231. The church was extended eastward in 1717 partly at the expense of Bishop Wilson. At this time the west end was then modified with twin pilasters supporting an octagonal bellcote. The vaulted west porch dates from this time, but the inner doorway is probably medieval. The side windows are probably of 1757-77 when rear and side galleries were added. Access to the galleries was via steps besides the porch. There is a medieval font set into the SW window embrasure. In 1849 the building was reduced to its original length.
Religious - Christianity