The Curtius Museum (Musée Curtius) is a museum of archaeology and decorative arts, located on the bank of the Meuse River in Liège, classified as a Major Heritage of Wallonia
It was built sometime between 1597 and 1610 as a private mansion for Jean Curtius, industrialist and munitions supplier to the Spanish army. With its alternating layers of red brick and natural stone, and its cross-mullioned windows, the building typifies the regional style known as the Mosan (or Meuse) Renaissance.
After a 50 million euro redevelopment the museum is scheduled to reopen as the Grand Curtius (Le Grand Curtius) in March 2009, housing the collections of the archaeology, weaponry, decorative arts, religious art and Mosan art museums. Its collections include Bonaparte, First Consul (1804).