This automotive testing grounds was built from 1944-47 by the Nash-Kelvinator Company. It is located about 25 miles from the former Kenosha (WI) Nash auto plants. In the mid-1950's, Nash eventually became AMC (American Motors), who continued to use this facility.
Chrysler purchased AMC in 1987 and sold this property in 1988 to the MGA Research Corporation, who uses the proving grounds for the automotive, motorcycle, rail, and aircraft industries. MGA added off-road tracks for truck and military vehicle testing in the 1990's. Local police departments also hold training classes here.