'Old Town Hall' Bamberg Altes Rathaus

No Thumbnail
'Old Town Hall' Bamberg Altes Rathaus
No Thumbnail
Google Maps Google Maps Birds Eye Birds Eye Yahoo Maps Yahoo Maps
View in Google Earth
By AdrianoMark @ 2008-02-04 17:00:54
Of the bridges connecting the sections of the lower town, a very interesting one is the Obere Brücke, completed in 1455. Halfway across this, on an island, is the Rathaus or City Hall (rebuilt 1744-1756).
Sculptures: Joseph Bonavantura Mutschelle (balconies and coats of arms 1755-56) Franz Jakob bird (stucco ceiling in the advice hall 1745) Johann George Reuss (Imperatorenbuesten in the advice hall 1750) Leonhard Gollwitzer (Kreuzigungsgruppe on the upper bridge 1715) Peter Benkert (' holy Kunigunde ' on the lower bridge 1744-45) Painting Johann Anwander (front painting 1755, reconstruct by Anton Greiner starting from 1960; Virtue histories in the advice hall.
Views by date
538
views
Rate as 1Rate as 2Rate as 3Rate as 4Rate as 5Rate as 6Rate as 7Rate as 8Rate as 9Rate as 10Unrated

Comments

Policies

Please log in if you don't want to post anonymously (anonymous users cannot post links)

Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Nearby maps
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Similar maps
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Share: