Paddle steamer Ryde at Island Harbour, Binfield, Isle of Wight on river Medina. She was built in 1937 for the Portsmouth to Ryde service. During the WW2 she served as a minesweeper HMS Ryde and even took part in the Normandy invasion. She returned to peacetime service in August 1945 and continued until August 1969. She has been at the Island Harbour since September 1970 as a nightclub and derelict since the mid 1990s. There are, however, hopes of restoration for the sailing condition. Recent pictures here.
View in Google Earth Categories: Sea - Riverboats
Links: www.psryde.co.uk
By: Hinkkanen
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement