It all started as a grocery and supply store sometime in the late 1920’s to early 30’s. At that time beer was being served at its current location to customers late in the day as they came back from hunting and fishing in what is now the Cordova mall area. Because of this the grocery store took on more of a life as a bar and less as a grocery store. The entity of the Wisteria Tavern was born in 1935 with the issuance of a “Beer only” liquor license by the State of Florida. Since then the bar has been in continuous operation in the same location with only 4 different owners to date.