By Hinkkanen @ 2006-04-12 08:42:01
Originally built as landing ship, tank, LST 3515 by Canadian Yarrow at Esquimalt, Canada and completed in 1945. She was renamed Stalker in 1947 and became submarine support ship in 1958 and served at Rosyth until placed on the Disposal List in 1982. She has been laid up at Portsmouth and is currently at Pounds Marine Shipping awaiting scrapping or possible restoration as she is the last surviving British-designed LST in existence. Pictures here.
10.0 (1 votes)