Villa Aldini

No Thumbnail
Villa Aldini (Birds Eye)
No Thumbnail
Google Maps Google Maps Birds Eye Birds Eye Yahoo Maps Yahoo Maps
View in Google Earth
By Effi @ 2008-03-18 10:00:13
In 1116 a little church dedicated to the Madonna was built on top of the Colle dell'Osservanza, and in 1805, while he was visiting Bologna, Napoleon saw it and was so struck by its magnificent view that he had a villa built nearby. This magnificent building was built between 1811 and 1816 by Giuseppe Nadi under the orders of the Napoleonic minister, Antonio Aldini. The fa├žade is in a neoclassical style with a large pronaos with ionic columns, and a tympanum enriched by stucco reliefs depicting the Olympian Gods. The little round church dedicated to the Madonna was encompassed inside the villa.
Views by date
404
views
Rate as 1Rate as 2Rate as 3Rate as 4Rate as 5Rate as 6Rate as 7Rate as 8Rate as 9Rate as 10
5.5 (2 votes)

Comments

Policies

Please log in if you don't want to post anonymously (anonymous users cannot post links)

Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Nearby maps
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Similar maps
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Share: