Castle of San Giorgio recently restored. Probably originated from a watchtower, the first castle is known to have been built by Nicolo Fieschi in 1262. In 1273 the Genoese destroyed it, and a new fortification, along with a new line of walls, was erected by the podesteria of La Spezia from 1371. Annexed to this edifice, the Republic of Genoa added a new castle starting from 1607.
By Effi @ 2008-02-16 05:41:06