Former Glenoglehead Railway Station

Former Glenoglehead Railway Station


Lochearnhead, United Kingdom (GB)
Glenoglehead Station was a small railway station along the Callender & Oban Railway in Scotland. The station opened 1st June 1870 (as named Killin), 1st April 1886 was renamed as Glenoglehead and finally closed 1st April 1889.

Orignally the station only had one paltform and a turntable. When the railway was extended to Tyndrum another platform was added and the turntable was removed. There were sidings behind the station (east side).

What's left today:
Both platforms are still there although one is overgrown and in bad shap, while the other is being used a boundry for a garden. The station building has become a private house and the sidings on the east have been filled up to platform level to make a bigger garden and a new house has been built too. Near the end of the platforms there is an unknown abandoned bricked shed.
Glenoglehead Station was a small railway station along the Callender & Oban Railway in Scotland. The station opened 1st June 1870 (as named Killin), 1st April 1886 was renamed as Glenoglehead and finally closed 1st April 1889.

Orignally the station only had one paltform and a turntable. When the railway was extended to Tyndrum another platform was added and the turntable was removed. There were sidings behind the station (east side).

What's left today:
Both platforms are still there although one is overgrown and in bad shap, while the other is being used a boundry for a garden. The station building has become a private house and the sidings on the east have been filled up to platform level to make a bigger garden and a new house has been built too. Near the end of the platforms there is an unknown abandoned bricked shed.
View in Google Earth Abandoned, Transportation - Rail
Links: en.wikipedia.org, www.railscot.co.uk
By: Drudii

Advertisement

Around the World Mailing List

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement