Former Killin Junction Railway Station

Former Killin Junction Railway Station


Lochearnhead, United Kingdom (GB)
Killin Junction was a railway station that connected the Callander & Oban Railway and the newley opened Killin Railway together. Killin Junction was opened 1st June 1870, closed due to a landslide on the 27th September 1965 and officially closed on the 5th November 1965.

What's left today:
Not much of the station is left today. Only the island platform and one small railway cottage remain. The platform is badly overgrown and the cottage was a ruin for a long time, but has now been made into a private house. Near the junction it is still clear to see where the Callander & Oban Railway seperated from the Killin Railway. The trackbed is walkable and also used by people mountainbiking.

Some small remains of other buildings can also be seen.
Killin Junction was a railway station that connected the Callander & Oban Railway and the newley opened Killin Railway together. Killin Junction was opened 1st June 1870, closed due to a landslide on the 27th September 1965 and officially closed on the 5th November 1965.

What's left today:
Not much of the station is left today. Only the island platform and one small railway cottage remain. The platform is badly overgrown and the cottage was a ruin for a long time, but has now been made into a private house. Near the junction it is still clear to see where the Callander & Oban Railway seperated from the Killin Railway. The trackbed is walkable and also used by people mountainbiking.

Some small remains of other buildings can also be seen.
View in Google Earth Abandoned
Links: en.wikipedia.org, www.railscot.co.uk
By: Drudii

Advertisement

Around the World Mailing List

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement