Killin Junction was a railway station that connected the Callander & Oban Railway and the newley opened Killin Railway together. Killin Junction was opened 1st June 1870, closed due to a landslide on the 27th September 1965 and officially closed on the 5th November 1965.
What's left today:
Not much of the station is left today. Only the island platform and one small railway cottage remain. The platform is badly overgrown and the cottage was a ruin for a long time, but has now been made into a private house. Near the junction it is still clear to see where the Callander & Oban Railway seperated from the Killin Railway. The trackbed is walkable and also used by people mountainbiking.
Some small remains of other buildings can also be seen.
By Drudii @ 2015-03-19 12:05:28