Electra's population surge in the 1910s led local business leaders to hire Meador & Wolfe of Ft. Worth to design a theatre to accommodate the town's growing entertainment needs. It opened here in 1920 and featured vaudeville, operas, boxing and other events. It included an orchestra pit which later housed an organ and piano for silent movies. It has been both a movie house and a performing arts venue. The Grand's eclectic design features Mission and Classical elements done with emphasis on fancy and fantasy. Panels with swags and piers frame a vault motif.