INEOS Phenol GmbH & Co.KG was originally founded in Gladbeck, a town located in the western part of Germany, under the name Phenolchemie.
The company started production in 1954 with a capacity of 8,000 t/a phenol
and 5,000 t/a acetone. Through multiple expansions over the years,
this facility has grown into the world's largest phenol plant with a capacity
of 650,000 t/a phenol and 390,000 t/a acetone. In addition to production,
the Gladbeck site serves as the global headquarters for INEOS Phenol.