Edward Mallinckrodt Mansion
By kkeps @ 2008-12-21 05:44:11
Edward Mallinckrodt Mansion at 16 Westmoreland Place was built 1914 for Edward Mallinckrodt, Jr. The mansion was designed by architect J.P. Jamieson. Edward Mallinckrodt, Jr. was involved in the family business, Mallinckrodt Chemical Works, which was started by his father and two uncles. He headed the company starting in 1928 after the death of his father and continued in that role into the 1960's. The company was/is involved in pharmaceuticals and other chemical processing. During World War II and after the company was involved extensively in refinement of uranium ore for the U.S. Government.