This airfield was originally built in 1910 as a military airport. After WWI it was converted to civilian use and called until 1945 the Danzig Langfuhr airport. After WWII the area was annexed to Poland and the field renamed Gdansk Wrzeszcz airfield. It was closed in 1974 when the new Gdansk Rebiechowo Airport was opened. It has since been partially built over but main runway can be still be seen.