And a C-130 on the other side of the building.
N1104W c/n 4196
Stored at Dulles International Airport in September 2002 awaiting restoration for eventual display at the NASM's new Udvar Hazy Center.
* Final registration - N1104W
* Delivered to USAF MATS Atlantic Division March 1956 as C-121C 54-177 "City of Prestwick"
* To Mississippi ANG October 30, 1962
* To West Virginia ANG April 19, 1967
* To Pennsylvania ANG 1972
* Retired and flown to Davis Monthan AFB for storage November 1, 1977
* To Classic Air and ferried to Van Nuys Airport, CA August 1981
* Classic Air planned flights between Los Angeles, CA and Reno, NV but failed to get FAA approval
* To Darryl Greenameyer
* Offered for sale at auction January 12, 1987 but failed to reach reserve price of $116,000
* Greenameyer traded aircraft to Smithsonian NASM for two HU-16 Albatross aircraft in 1988
* Flown to Dulles International Airport, VA for the NASM in 1988
* Registered to NASM December 1, 1989
* Stored at Dulles Airport awaiting restoration for display at the NASM's Udvar-Hazy Center at Dulles
By kjfitz @ 2006-02-20 15:06:24