Inscribed on the DC Preservation League's List of Most Endangered Places for 1996, 1997, 1998, and 1999.
In 1925, Washington architect George Oakley Totten reconstructed the Benjamin Warder House, originally built by H.H. Richardson in 1865 at 1515 F Street, on its present Meridian Hill site. Totten used all of the original exterior stone (except the main doorway) and much of the interior woodwork. Privately owned and vacant for more than a dozen years, this architectural landmark is virtually reduced to a shell. This site was listed on the D.C. Inventory in 1964 and on the National Register in 1972.