The Knesset Menorah (Hebrew: מנורת הכנסת Menorat HaKnesset) is a bronze monument about five meters high, that is located at the edge of Gan Havradim (Rose Garden) in front of the Knesset. Built by Benno Elkan, a British-Jewish sculptor who worked on it for 6 years, the Parliament of the United Kingdom gave it to Israel in 1956. Built in the shape of the Menorah which appears in Arch of Titus, it includes engravings of some 30 important events, idioms, characters and terms from the Jewish history. It is considered a visual "textbook".
By daggerwell @ 2012-12-23 15:23:29