Constructed at Harland & Wolff in Govan and launched in 1927. It served coaling companies in the South West with a period on war service in 1942-6. It worked until 1967 when it was saved from scrap. Since 1982 it has been owned by a trust and based in London. Money from the Heritage Lottery Fund and the efforts of dedicated volunteers has enabled major repairs to be undertaken.
By kjfitz @ 2006-08-19 21:57:32