This 11-turn 2.173 miles (3.4768 km) road course is nicknamed "Mini-Nürburgring" for it's mix of challenging corners and elevation changes. Two shorter track configurations (1.4 and 0.7 miles) are also used.
Racing began here in 1934 on a 0.7 mile course for motorbikes. The first auto race was held in 1953 on an expanded 1.3 mile layout. The current layout was built in 1962.
Today, the track is primarily used for motorcycle racing.