The David Davis Mansion, also known as Clover Lawn, is a Victorian home that was the residence of David Davis, Supreme Court justice (1862-1877) and Senator from Illinois. The mansion has been a state museum since 1960. Set in a residential neighborhood on Bloomington's near-south-side, the three-story yellow brick mansion comprises 36 rooms in an Italianate villa style. The mansion's lot includes an 1872 wood house, a barn and stable, privies, a foaling shed, carriage barn, and a flower and ornamental cutting garden. "Sarah's Garden", the Victorian cut flower garden, with original heirloom roses and perennials began restoration in 2001 and is near completion.
By forthefallendrms @ 2011-10-13 11:49:08